Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm a Blogger!

Goes to show how technology today has made possible something a non-techie like me would have never imagined possible. Yes, I can type with all 10 fingers but I know nothing about software, HTML, blah blah blah, but lookie here, I have my own blog!
Why does anyone have a blog? Some actually have useful advice to share with the world, others only think they do and therefore only add to the noise. Others want to draw attention, a quest for "net fame". As some suggest, start a blog to highlight yourself professionally and give your career a boost. I find this possible, but unlikely. I guess you could get to know a possible candidate via his blog, but his blog would have to be career focused and you'd basically get the same information on a phone interview. If the blogger actually stated his political view, mentioned his marital problems, or complained about his sex life, none of this information would be useful for his getting the job!
So why did I decide to start a blog? I've kept a journal since I can remember. I used to have a daily journal, a goal journal, a dream diary, even a food/calorie journal. I guess I've always liked to write things down. I seldom read these old journals, so I guess the writing itself helps me organize my self and my thoughts. Now I use Notebook (Microsoft) to keep my entries organized. I love it. After so many years typing, I'm realizing my hands are no longer fit for writing. My hand cramps after writing one sentence. My handwriting is barely legible. And I hardly know how to hold a pen. It just feels uncomfortable. Typing is much more comfy. So I guess I'm turning this blog into my Notebook online, with some restrictions of course. I guess I shouldn't put all my thoughts and problems out there, especially since I've taken Penelope Trunk's advice to use my own name. Why I took that advice I will only discover with time.
And in also taking her advice, no one will read this post so this is just practice writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Labels